Webinar: Grantwriting to Support Quantitative Research in Eurasian Contexts
June 12, 2013
The SSRC Eurasia Program was pleased to hold the fourth installment in our Webinar Series on Issues in Quantitative Methods in Eurasia Studies. Following on from the Eurasia Program’s two summer 2012 Workshops in Quantitative Methods, the SSRC will offer online, interactive webinars aimed at increasing the quantitative skills of researchers of Eurasia.
After watching the recording, please complete this short survey.
This webinar recommends strategies for writing effective proposals, and also reviews potential funding sources. Topics covered include the following:
• Identifying potential funding sources
• Types of grant support: for collecting new surveys, adding on to existing surveys, and/or analysis of existing surveys
• Writing about research design: sampling, measures, models, quality control, analytical techniques
• Estimating timelines and costs
• Tailoring proposal to audience: explaining quantitative approaches to interdisciplinary and non-quantitative audiences; justifying Eurasian context to non-area-studies audiences